MAXWELL AIR FORCE BASE, Ala. – The Air Force Culture and Language Center has released dates for the 2017 Air Force ROTC/United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) cadet and active duty application windows and selection boards for the Language Enabled Airman Program.
The AFCLC will conduct two LEAP selection boards, one for cadets and one for active duty Airmen.
The AFCLC must receive candidates’ applications by the following dates to meet the 2017 selection boards.
- 1 January 2017 – 1 April 2017: Cadet application window
- 18 May: Cadet selection board convenes
- 1 April 2017 – 1 August 2017: Active duty application window (officer/enlisted)
- 13-14 September 2017: Active-duty selection board convenes
“LEAP is the Air Force’s premier general purpose force language and culture training program,” said Lt Col Eric Graham, Chief, Language Division, AFCLC. “The program plans to build on a benchmark year in 2016, but must strictly adhere to deadlines, so applicants must ensure that their application is complete and submitted within their respective application window.”
Candidates and their commanders will be notified individually of selection or non-selection approximately 60 days following the conclusion of each board. LEAP eligibility information can be found at http://culture.af.mil/leap.
To begin an application during the application window from a computer on the Air Force network:
- On the Air Force Portal homepage, scroll to the section titled “Education/Training/Force Development”
- In that section, click on the link titled “AF Culture and Language Center – Language Enabled Airman Program (LEAP),” which leads to the LEAP application page
AFROTC applicants should contact their detachment commanders for application and endorsement forms. Completed AFROTC application packages should be sent through their detachment commanders via encrypted e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org